Our senior tech recruitment consultants reveal why seasoned recruiters and new beginners should set out for a new professional adventure in recruitment.
5 Reasons to Apply for Your Next Recruitment Consultant Role
Economy & Job Opportunities
There’s never been a better time to launch your career in recruitment or take the challenge of a new staffing role. As industries around the world open up following the Covid-19 pandemic, employers across sectors and geographies are keen to recoup on last year’s unprecedented financial losses and redundancies, and take advantage of consumers’ renewed desire to socialise, connect and access entertainment.
In Q3 of 2021, Britain’s open job vacancies have reached a record high. The hiring rebound has been so successful that the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) has warned that the UK will face significant skills shortages in the next two years. Claire Warnes, head of education, skills and productivity at KPMG UK predicts, ‘While record-high permanent placements and higher starting salaries mean it remains a jobseekers market, recruiters and employers have seen the most severe decline of candidate availability in history and will be thinking about how to attract and retain new staff.’
The candidate-led market will see businesses maximising investment in staffing specialists who can identify and connect with top talent. From start-ups and SMEs to large global businesses, organisations will be in urgent need of experienced recruitment partners. Candidates will require additional support from consultants they trust to advise them on deciding between multiple competitive employment options. The race to find talent will present far greater opportunities for higher commission, expanding networks and upskilling like never before.
- Communication – Regular and transparent updates on company progress, individual progress against targets and future plans
- Employee Groups – Spaces and platforms for recruiters to connect, share their experiences and support each other
- Employee Advisory Boards – Where management regularly listen to and act on the feedback of their teams
- Physical & Mental Health Programmes – Understanding employees as human beings first and supporting their needs
- Events – Rewarding and celebrating together as a team.
Be Part of the New Change
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. Some companies are making positive changes following the Covid-19 pandemic – but if yours isn’t, it might signal a time for a new change of your own.
Finding a new recruitment job can help you take advantage of the world of work’s transformation in the New Normal:
- Remote work and virtual meetings are likely to continue, with hybrid working being adopted in industries such as staffing which are people-focused and based on relationships and communication, but which can also offer the flexibility of home working for calls, admin and organisation
- The past year’s reliance on technology has reinforced the importance of IT tools to our everyday life and work. Some recruiting agencies are investing in or expanding their database, introducing automation and leveraging AI to access candidate pools faster than ever before. A new role can breathe fresh life into your own candidate searching techniques, helping you become more effective and efficient with no extra effort
- The flexibility required by many industries in responding to the pandemic and consumer needs globally will drive greater opportunities for the most agile, adaptable recruitment agencies. Joining a progressive agency focused on a fast-growing and sustainable sector such as IT will offer the best job security for consultants, the most varied day-to-day work and the greatest success in matching the right candidates to the right clients at the right time.
Up to 25% more people than previously estimated will switch occupations in the coming year ahead. Whereas you might have been content and successful in your current or previous roles, the pandemic has shifted priorities for millions and has caused many to question what they really want from a life and career.
5 Reasons to Join Templeton
- Passionate about Career Progression – True Career Partners
Seasoned recruiters will be all too familiar with the story of making millions within mere years of starting a staffing career path. Whilst recruiting has the potential to be a very lucrative career path, at Templeton we know that building recruiting excellence takes time, support and investment from your employer. We provide weekly training, Personal Development Plans tailored to every individual and a transparent career progression strategy so that you know exactly what you need to achieve. We’ve helped successful recruiters build their career path from entry level to Associate Director, and are passionate about helping you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Being part of the Templeton family means a career that matches your strengths and preferences, and which complements the strengths of the wider team. Templeton provide best-in-class learning and development alongside structured mentorship time with deeply experienced Directors and regular sessions with highly qualified coaches. We invest heavily in our family and we believe that as our team improve their skills, we all rise together, building a stronger, brighter future for all.
Our unlimited commission programme won’t make you a millionaire overnight, but it will ensure you’re well rewarded for your efforts. Your pay packet won’t be restricted by grades, seniority or promotion levels – you can be as successful as you want to be.
Social, Positive Work Environment
We work hard and we celebrate and reward success. Our offices are social, energetic and collaborative environments where everyone is supported and encouraged to achieve their best. A truly global team, we have six offices worldwide across the UK, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Poland and the USA, and we take care to ensure all of our recruiters are involved and included every day, wherever they are.
From regular company drinks and team nights out, to our lunch clubs and company anniversary and Christmas parties, we always take the time to have fun and celebrate our achievements together.
Work with Large Global Clients and Innovative Tech Brands
Our 25-year history spans decades-long partnerships and new relationships with some of the world’s best-known Financial Services, Pharma, Energy, Retail and Transport companies. Recruiters joining our team will be welcomed with a hot desk and an extensive list of existing recruiting projects across 40 countries.
We provide our recruiters with a variety of tools to support them, including:
- Database of over 350,000 skilled, engaged tech professionals actively seeking IT jobs
- Your own LinkedIn recruiter licence
- Access to the market’s most vibrant job boards across geographies and remits
- Support from an experienced Head of Marketing who creates bespoke candidate campaigns and delivers Account Based Marketing for business development
- Weekly training, your own Personal Development Plan and personalised support from our Learning & Development Manager.
Personal Support from Experienced Recruitment Leaders
Our Sales Directors and Team Leaders have worked for some of the world’s largest recruitment companies – and they’re now at Templeton to help grow our company and your career.
Our Director Team and Senior Management team have over a century’s collective experience in building, nurturing and supporting the very best consultants for leading recruitment organisations. Our 25 years’ experience supporting talent means we are uniquely placed to coach, mentor and develop you beyond your ambitions.
Diverse & Inclusive
Whilst many companies are now (and rightfully so!) beginning to invest in supporting diverse employees and building inclusive cultures, Templeton have been diverse and inclusive since our inception in 1996. We are:
- BAME-Led – Like only 5% of UK SMEs
- Majority Female – 65% of our team are female, with 50% female leadership
- International & Multicultural – 70% of our staff originate from outside of the UK, and we collectively speak 25 languages
- Social Mobility Inclusive – Some of our staff originate from disadvantaged backgrounds, and Templeton hires based on aptitude and merit rather than Academic qualifications or years of experience
- Diverse Overall – 80% of our staff identify as diverse (from our June 2021 D&I Survey).
In a world where a third of European workers have experienced workplace discrimination, 96% of our employees report never having experienced discrimination throughout Templeton’s 25-year history. 100% of our team agree and 90% strongly agree that they can bring their whole selves to work. We’re on a mission to make our business and the tech industry more diverse and inclusive – and we can only do that with more diverse recruiters and passionate allies like you.
Whatever your background and experience level, you will be welcome, included and supported at Templeton.
Interested in joining our team? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Your Next Recruitment Consultant Job